Over past one and a half year Turkey has been struck with hosts of attacks that have targeted locations all over the country.
While most bombings have been blamed on Islamic State, PKK and Kurdistan Freedom Hawks have also been responsible for a large number of attacks.
Here is a timeline of attacks in the country:
– 6 Jan, 2015: A female suicide bomber from Dagestan detonated explosives at Sultanahmet in Istanbul killing 1 and injuring 1. Noone claimed responsibility for the attack.
– 5 Jun, 2015: Two successive explosions hit an opposition rally in Diyarbakir killing 2 and injuring 100 others. Though noone claimed responsibility for the attack, the blame was put on ISIL.
– 20 July, 2015: A suicide attack targetting activists planning to enter the Syrian-Kurdish town of Kobane and rebuild it killed 32 while injuring 100. Though noone claimed responsibility for the attack, the blame was put on ISIL.
– 12 Aug, 2015: An explosion targetting a Police Station at Sultanbeyli in Istanbul injured 7 people. PKK claimed the responsibility.
– 10 Oct, 2015: Two blasts during a rally organised by several leftist groups killed 95 people and injured 200. ISIL was the prime suspect.
– 1 Dec, 2015: A pipe bomb exploded on an overpass near Bayrampasa metro station in Istanbul injuring 5 people. Left-wing group MLKP claimed responsibility.
– 23 Dec, 2015: A cleaner was working on a Pegasus Airline plane when a blast went off. Kurdistan Freedom Hawks claimed responsibility.
– 12 Jan, 2016: A suicide bomber blew himself up at a popular tourist destination near Sultanahmet in Istanbul killing 10 and injuring 15. ISIL was blamed for the attack.
– 14 Jan, 2016: A car bomb went off near a police station in Cinar town of Diyarbakir province killing 6 and injuring 39. PKK claimed responsibility.
– 17 Feb, 2016: An explosion targeting military vehicle in Ankara killed 28 and injured 61. Kurdistan Freedom Hawks claimed responsibility.
– 13 Mar, 2016: An explosion in the capital Ankara killed 37 and injured 70. Kurdistan Freedom Hawks claimed responsibility.
– 20 Mar, 2016: A suicide bomber hit a shopping district at he Istiklal Street in Istanbul, killing 5 and injuring 6. ISIL was blamed for the attack.
– 31 Mar, 2016: An explosion hit a police vehicle near a bus terminal in Diyarbakir killing 7 and injuring 27. PKK claimed responsibility.
– 27 Apr, 2016: A female suicide bomber tarehetting worshippers at the Grand Mosque in Bursa injured 13. Kurdistan Freedom Hawks claimed responsibility.
– 1 May, 2016: A vehicle blew up near Gaziantep’s main police station killing 2 and injuring 12. ISIL was blamed for the attack.
– 10 May, 2016: An armoured police van was struck in Baglar city in Diyarbakir province killing 3 and injuring 45. PKK claimed responsibility.
– 19 May, 2016: A suspected ISIL member blew himself up near a police station in Gaziantep.
– 7 Jun, 2016: An explosion near the metro station and Grand Bazaar in Beyazit area of Istanbul killed 11 and injured 36. Kurdistan Freedom Hawks claimed responsibility.
– 8 Jun, 2016: A car bomb explosion near a police station in Midyat city of Mardin killed 6 and injured 20. PKK claimed responsibility.
– 13 Jun, 2016: An explosion near a housing block near Ovacik, Tunceli injured 9. Left-wing HBDH claimed responsibility.
– 28 Jun, 2016: An attack near Ataturk Airport in Istanbul killed 36 and injured over 140. ISIL was blamed for attack.