Do you know the most commonly used illegal drug Weed has a day dedicated to it? Well! April 20, is observed as the ‘ National Weed Day’ in California.
On this occasion, here are seven must-know facts about this unique plant:
– Cannabis and Hemp are all names that refer to the plant of Weed.
– The main active ingredient in Weed— the part that gives the “high” feeling — is called THC, which stands for delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol.
– The effects of Weed begin within a few minutes after inhalation and can last a few hours.
– Inhaling Weed can cause increased heart rate, dry mouth, bloodshot/glazed eyes and an increase in appetite.
– Possession of Weed is legal in Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Spain, Netherlands, North Korea, Uruguay and a number of states in the U.S.
– According to the 2014 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, 22.2 million Americans used marijuana in the past year.
– According to reports, the cultivation of Weed’s plant date back over 6000 years.