Indian Railway’s ticket booking website IRCTC was hacked on Thursday.
Personal data of over 1 crore customers is feared to have been stolen from the servers of India’s third largest e-commerce web-portal.
However, an IRCTC official has denied the reports saying that a committee has been formed to enquire the alleged breach.
ALSO READ: Website Not Hacked, Says IRCTC Official
IRCTC has a user-base of 10 million and more than 5,00,000 tickets are sold from its portal everyday.
Here are five tips to prevent your personal information from getting hacked:
1. Do not share your bank account details on any e-commerce website.
2. Do not share your personal information like mailing address, PAN card number and phone number on websites.
3. Avoid sharing personal information on public computers and delete all system cache.
4. Use complex passwords for your e-mail accounts and online bank transactions.
5. Secure your web-accounts with multiple layers of security.
Delete your personal information from all websites