Shortly after its launch in Japan on July 6, Pokemon GO ‘mania’ has spread across the world like a wild fire.
While the video game has already been released in Australia, New Zealand, US, UK and Germany, it is yet to find its way to Asia.
But that hasn’t stopped people from playing the real-time video game.
However, to download Pokemon GO in a region where it hasn’t been officially launched, users will have to create a new Apple ID for a region where Pokemon GO has been launched, for example Japan or US.
So, here is how iOS users can download the game in India:
Steps to create a Japan account on iTunes:
1. Create a new Apple ID.
2. Choose Japan from the drop-down menu while selecting the region.
3. Open the App Store and click on Featured option on the bottom panel.
4. Scroll to the bottom and click on your Apple ID.
5. Click on Sign Out if you are already signed in. Then click on the Sign In.
6. Enter your new Apple ID and password.
7. When you see a pop-up that reads “This Apple ID has not yet been used in the iTunes Store”, click on Review.
8. Click on Japan under Country or Region. Click on Next.
10. Scroll down and type in a valid Japanese address and a phone number. Then click on Next.
11. Click on Done on the top-right corner of the page.
Steps to download and install Pokemon GO:
1. In the iTunes menu, click on Search option and search for Pokemon GO.
2. Click on Get to download and install the game on your phone.