India’s Olympic buildup was dealt a huge blow on Sunday as wrestler Narsingh Yadav, who was selected ahead of the celebrated Sushil Kumar, failed a dope test but insisted that the scandal that has jeopardised his Olympic participation is a conspiracy against him.
And the shock came after Narsingh Yadav’s roommate Sandeep Tulsi Yadav at the SAI Sonepat camp also tested positive for the same banned substance, WFI said that it strengthens the conspiracy theory and indicates at a clear case of sabotage.
– I should be sent to Rio Olympics and hope this will be sorted out soon. I have written to federation,want justice: Narsingh Yadav
– I should be sent to Rio Olympics and hope this will be sorted out soon. I have written to federation in writing about this: Narsingh Yadav
-In the mess anyone can mix anything in water or food and give it, I have written all this to the federation: Narsingh Yadav
– I am doing so well, why would I even take banned steroids? : Narsingh Yadav
– I am myself shocked after this, it’s a conspiracy against me. CBI probe should be conducted: Narsingh Yadav
– SAI(Sports Authority of India) is incharge of the camps, not Wrestling Federation: BB Sharan Singh,WFI
– Narsingh has complained that something was mixed in his food when it was being cooked: WFI President
– Federation feels that injustice has been done with Narsingh Yadav, hope committee does justice: BB Sharan Singh,WFI
– Narsingh Yadav and his room partner Sandeep Tulsi Yadav both have tested positive for the same banned steroid: BB Sharan Singh,WFI