Team India notched up a mammoth 197-run win in their historic 500th cricket Test to assert their supremacy in home conditions, bowling out New Zealand for 236 to take a 1-0 lead in the three-match series in Kanpur today.
India’s leading spin attacker R Ashwin completed his fifth six-wicket haul and had become the second-fastest man to take 200-Test wickets.
Ashwin played the crucial role in India’s 88th victory on home turf.
But, there is an interesting fact related to this victory which we would like to highlight.
Interesting Fact: Team India, apart from 500th test, won their 300th Test & 400th Test Too!
Following are milestone Tests in Indian cricketing history over the past 84 years.
- India 1st Test: 1932 Captain: CK Nayudu Opposition: England Venue: Lord’s Result: Lost by 158 runs
- 100th Test: 1967 Captain: Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi, Opposition: England Venue: Edgbaston Result: Lost by 132 runs
- 200th Test: 1982-83 Captain: Sunil Gavaskar, Opposition: Pakistan, Venue: Lahore Result: Drawn
- 300th Test: 1996-97 Captain: Sachin Tendulkar, Opposition: South Africa Venue: Ahmedabad Result: Won by 64 runs
- 400th Test: 2006 Captain: Rahul Dravid, Opposition: West Indies Venue: Kingston Result: Won by 49 runs
- 500th Test: 2016: Captain: Virat Kohli, Opposition: New Zealand, Venue: Kanpur, Result: Won by 49
(With PTI Inputs)