In January 2015, the Supreme Court appointed a committee under ex-CJI RM Lodha, to determine punishments for those named in the Mudgal Committee report on IPL fixing and to recommend reforms for cricket in India.
Lodha Panel Top Recommendations
- Bring BCCI under RTI Act
- Panel recommends legalisation of betting
- No BCCI office-bearer can be a minister or government servant.
- No BCCI office-bearer can have more than two consecutive terms
- One association should represent an entire state and only one vote per state.
- In no case President will hold post for more than 2 years
- It recommends separate governing bodies for the IPL and BCCI.
- The committee said that match-and spot-fixing should be made a criminal offence.
- Setting up of a Players’ Association to safeguard the interests of the cricketers.
- Three authorities, an ombudsman for internal disputes, an ethics officer and an electoral officer are to be appointed to oversee BCCI activities.