[caption id="attachment_212887" align="aligncenter" width="700"]
An apple a day may keep the doctor away, but try to include avocado, banana, coconut milk and carrot to keep hair fall away, says an expert.[/caption]
An apple a day may keep the doctor away, but try to include avocado, banana, coconut milk and carrot to keep hair fall away, says an expert.
C.M. Guri, dermatologist at Delhi-based Venus Clinics, has shared how some kitchen ingredients can be used in one's daily routine to keep hair fall away:
* Avocado: Avocados can strengthen the hair and repair the damaged hair, as they are rich in Vitamin B and Vitamin E. They not only strengthen your hair but also moisturise your hair. All you have to do is, mash an avocado and add egg yolk to it. Apply it on your hair and leave it on for 20 minutes before you wash it off.
* Carrot: Carrots are great for your hair roots, and they give them the much-needed strength. Extract carrot juice with the help of a juicer and keep it in the fridge for 30 minutes. Apply it directly to your hair to prevent hair loss.
ALSO READ: Things To Consider Before Getting Hair Transplant
* Onion: Onions reverse the hair loss and open the hair follicles. The thinning of hair caused due to fungal and bacterial infection can also be avoided. All you have to do is extract the onion juice and apply it on your hair follicles. Wash it properly after 20 minutes, because the smell of onion might stay.
* Banana: Bananas are a rich source of potassium and vitamin A. They are known to be extremely good for hair strengthening and smoothing. A banana and honey hair mask revitalises damaged and weak hair. Mix one mashed banana with one tablespoon honey and apply this mask on your hair roots for 15 to 20 minutes and wash it thoroughly with a mild shampoo.
ALSO READ: Summer Skin Care: Top 10 Tips To Escape Sun Tan
* Coconut milk: Apart from coconut oil, coconut milk is also good for strengthening the hair roots. A coconut milk and honey mask is a good way to regain your hair's lost strength. Mix coconut and honey together and apply it on damp hair. Massage it into your scalp and leave it on for one hour. Wash it properly with a mild shampoo afterwards to get the best results.
* Oatmeal: An oatmeal mask nourishes the oily scalp and strengthens hair by treating dandruff and protecting hair follicles. Blend one tablespoon oatmeal with one cup of fresh milk and almond oil together and make a paste. Apply this mask onto your hair after properly detangling it. Wash it off with lukewarm water after 15 to 20 minutes for best results.
For all the latest news and updates from India and across the globe, follow us on @NewsWorldIN on Twitter and News World India on Facebook