Don’t wish to be bald anymore and considering a hair transplant surgery? Go for an accredited medical centre, get yourself evaluated clinically and medically and more before going for the surgery, says an expert.
Sanjay Parashar, Consultant Plastic Surgeon, Cocoona Centre for Aesthetic Transformation, shares a list of standard practices you must look out for:
* The procedure should be performed in an accredited and well equipped medical centre with proper sterility and surgery protocols.
* Only a team of qualified and licensed doctors and technicians should be involved.
* The patient must be evaluated clinically and medically thoroughly to ensure he or she is an ideal candidate and healthy enough to undergo the procedure.
* All medications including local anaesthesia should be administered by qualified doctors after checking the content and expiry dates, and in a controlled manner.
* Continuous monitoring of the patient is mandatory by using pulse oximetry to measure oxygen levels throughout the procedure and blood pressure monitoring.
* FUT i.e. strip harvesting (a way in which hair is harvested) should be performed by a surgeon qualified in managing scalp wounds, not even a general physician.
* FUE i.e. follicular harvesting (a way in which hair is harvested) should be performed either by a surgeon, dermatologist or a qualified allopathic medical doctor.
* Hair grafting should be performed by qualified and trained medical technicians under the direct supervision of the doctors.
* The patient should be discharged after proper monitoring and assessment by the senior qualified doctor.
* Regular follow-up protocol should be undertaken to ensure the safe and effective outcome of the procedure.