Festive season and everybody welcomes you with open arms full of sweets which are hard to say no! Well we have got something for you, no not sweets but a health mantra. Below are the tips for diabetics:
- Taking a short walk after meals, can help people with Type 2 diabetes reduce their blood sugar levels.
- The findings showed that post-meal blood sugar levels dropped 12 per cent on average when the participants followed the “walking after meals” advice compared to walking at any time of the day.
- Most of this effect came from the highly significant 22 per cent reduction in blood sugar when walking after evening meals, which were the most carbohydrate heavy, and were followed by the most sedentary time.
- Post-meal glucose is regarded as an important target in managing Type 2 diabetes, given its independent contribution to overall blood sugar control and cardiovascular risk
- Postprandial physical activity may avoid the need for an increased total insulin dose or additional mealtime insulin injections that might otherwise have been prescribed to lower glucose levels after eating