As much as the cool weather soothes your soul after a rough summer, the monsoon is not everyone’s favourite time of the year. Hence, make-up has to be done differently during this season keeping in mind the high level of humidity while you are on the go, says an expert.
Elton J. Fernandez, official make-up artist, Maybelline New York, has shared how:
* Use minimal foundation on your skin and make sure the focus of your look is on your eyes and lips.
* Use a gel liner as it can be easily blended onto your skin for different looks like a definite wing.
* Top it up with some bold waterproof mascara and watch your eyes come alive regardless of how dull the skies are.
* Matte lipsticks are great, especially long wearing ones, as they reduce touch-up worries. Go for a matte lipstick that keeps your lips moisturised, as they are made to glide on tenderly but with full impact on your lips.
* Experiment with the trend – applying lighter colours on the middle of the mouth and blending it out into a deeper colour for a beautiful dimension. It will be matte, but not flat.