Instead of wearing old and worn out clothes for Holi, step out in style. Pair bright coloured tops with palazzos and do up your eyes with waterproof products, suggests an expert.
Also Read: How To Make Herbal Holi Colours
Yashodhara Shroff, Director and Founder at Styletag, has some tips that could help you look chic on the festival of colours:
* Go for a casual and effortless look: Wear something that offers both comfort and freedom to move, without compromising on the style quotient. You can choose to wear a simple kurta with trousers, leggings, or jeans.
In case you wish to go for a boho-chic look, pick a sleeveless vest or top in bright colours like yellow or red and pair it with a palazzo. You can also wear a shrug to make your look effortless and stylish.
* If you wish to go for a traditional yet different look this Holi, you can wear a jumpsuit with an embroidered ethnic half jacket for a fun and effortless look. You can also pair T-shirts or kurtis with printed knee-length skirts for the perfect ethnic-chic look.
Also Read: Skin Care Tips For Holi
* Since Holi is the festival of colours, choose dresses in bright shades like light green, orange, or scarlet. In case you opt for plain colours, go for a pair of colourful stoles or scarves with your dress to add a pop of colour to your overall attire.
* Choosing the right footwear to wear at a Holi party is as important as choosing the right attire. Make sure that you avoid wearing heels as it can lead to a possible injury if you are not careful when playing with water.
Instead, wear comfortable flip-flops or slippers that can minimize the chances of slipping or cause any serious injury to your feet.
* Hairstyle: You can tie-up your hair into either a ponytail or a bun, so that you can play Holi at ease without having to fuss about your hair from time to time. You can further upgrade your bun into a braided updo for an elegant yet fun look.
* Make-up: While applying make-up is not necessary, you can always go for a minimal or natural look that complements your overall appearance.
Opt for a waterproof and smudge proof eyeliner or mascara so it stays intact even when you are busy playing Holi. The same applies for lip shades. Prefer lip balms to avoid chapped lips and reapply whenever necessary.