Wondering what to wear during the winter season? Use you summer clothes like a crop top paired with a cardigan or pair your beautiful maxi skirt with interesting pullovers and closed-neck cardigans for that whole androgynous look, says an expert.
Bhavya Chawla, Chief Stylist, Voonik, has shared simple hacks on how to re-use your summer clothes for the winter season.
1. Wear a Scarf: Slinky summer tops can be revamped with some woollen mufflers or bright printed scarves. This will add the much needed fall vibe to your look and also keep you warm in turn.
ALSO READ: How To Jazz Up Your White Attire
2. Invest in a stole: The bigger version of scarves should also be kept handy during winter. We prescribe the trending belted up look where you can let the stole fall casually from your shoulders symbolising a cape but add a edgy twist with a belt that goes around your waist, over the stole.
3. Summer Jackets Revisited: Summer cover-ups can be recycled for the winter months. We are often upset to put away those cute floral, summery dresses – but no more of that. Team your cute summer dresses with knitted cover-ups for that girl-next-door look.
ALSO READ: AIFW 2016 Ends With Style [Pics Inside!]
4. Shirts are important: Denim or Flannel, we must keep our shirts at close proximity. They are perfect for casual layering and also keeps you relatively warm during the fall months.
5. Crop top ready: No more biding adieu to your favourite crop tops as now it’s time to throw on a cardigan which can completely turn your look around. Opt for a print-on-print look for max effects.
6. Maxi skirts: Flowy maxi skirts might be perfect for those lunch dates during the summer months, but who says you have to put them away during winter! Pair your maxi skirt with interesting pullovers and closed-neck cardigans for that whole androgynous look.
ALSO READ: 4 Ways To Rock Ballet Flats In The Winter
7. Turtlenecks to your rescue: A great option for layering is the classic turtleneck. A major trend this season, you can wear it under those slinky slip dresses and noodle-strap tops for the winter.
8. Storm of stockings: Stockings are your saviour for fall and winter! From basic black to pop hues, you can go all out! Pair them with your mini skirts and ripped denim shorts to instantly transform your summer ensemble!
9. Whites and pastels: The variation in the colour palette for the two seasons can leave you confused. But this fall we pick whites and pastels to rule! Throw in an occasional pop summer-colour for that fresh day-out look!