Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said on Wednesday that things might have gone wrong as far as the terror attack in Uri was concerned.
“Something may have gone wrong there. It is a sensitive matter. I believe in zero error,” he said.
“As a nation should ensure this is not repeated again and again. I will take steps to ensure it doesn’t go wrong again,” Parrikar added.
At the same time, he maintained, “Not saying specifically on this incident, but if I want I can have a knee-jerk reaction.”
Meanwhile, Army on Wednesday carried out intense combing-cum-search operations in Uri and Naugam sectors along the Line of Control in Kashmir where alert troops foiled two infiltration bids but have so far drawn a blank in retrieving bodies of the slain militants.
Army personnel continued their search operations in the higher reaches of Uri and Naugam sectors of Baramulla and Tangdhar districts respectively but have not managed to reach the spot where the bodies were supposed to be lying.
The Army personnel were maintaining a tight vigil to foil any fresh attempts by militants to sneak in through these sectors by breaking the security cordon or inflicting casualties on the troops.
One soldier was killed on Tuesday as Army foiled two infiltration bids in the two sectors of Kashmir.
ALSO READ: Bollywood Condemns Uri Attack
Army officials on Tuesday had claimed that 15 terrorists had attempted to cross the LoC.