Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur on Monday applied for bail in the special MCOCA court after the National Investigation Agency (NIA) dropped her name from the list of accused in the 2008 Malegaon blast case.
NIA on May 13 had dropped all charges against the Hindu activist and decided to give a clean chit to her and five others in the case.
The agency said that it has failed to find “sufficient evidences” against Thakur and five others.
Earlier this month, the central probe agency had accused the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) of planting RDX traces to frame prime accused Lt Colonel Prasad Shrikant Purohit.
He is one of the key members of criminal conspiracy. Accused Purohit had floated Abhinav Bharat organisation in 2006 in spite of being a serving Commissioned officer of armed forces of India which is against the service rules,” the NIA said in its supplementary charge sheet filed before a Special Court.
Purohit also discussed about taking revenge for the “atrocities” committed by the Muslims on Hindus. About the RDX recovered from Purhoit’s residence, the NIA quoted a Court of Inquiry report of the Army which had claimed that the explosives were planted at his residence by ATS officials who had entered his residence forcibly.
Seven people were killed in twin blasts when people were coming out of prayers during Ramzan on September 29, 2008.