National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Friday filed a charge-sheet in a Delhi court, accusing suspected Islamic State supporter Mohammed Naser of motivating people to join the terror outfit and waging war in certain Middle East countries and India.
Naser is not only an ISIS supporter but he is also responsible for designing the logo and flag of one of the most dreaded terror organizations of the world .
According to reports, the matter has been set for hearing on June 9.
Here are five facts to know about the 23-year-old IS logo designer Mohammed Naseer:
1. 23-year-old Mohammed Naseer is a resident of Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu.
2. He did his Bachelors in Engineering in Chennai, following which he did a four-month course in ‘Certified Ethical Hacking’ in Chennai in 2011.
3. He migrated to Dubai in 2014 to work with a global IT firm as a graphic designer and a web developer.
4. In Feb 2015, he got in touch with a man on Twitter, who in turn put him in touch with karen Hamidan, administrator of a Whatsapp group ‘Islam Q&A’, following which he started designing logos for IS.
5. In August 2015, he got in touch with ‘Mad Mullah’, who asked him to come to Syria.
Naser was caught by Sudanese authorities and deported back to India on December 10, 2015.