The budget session of the Tamil Nadu Assembly has been started and Finance Minister O Panneerselvam is presenting the revised budget for the year 2016-17 to the House.
– Reservation for women in local body posts increased to 50%: TN Budget
– Tamil Nadu local body elections to take place in Oct ’16, amount of 183.24 CR has been provided for conducting local body elections: State Govt
– Tamil Nadu Budget (2016-17): Rs 105. 98 crore allocated for the welfare of Sri Lankan Tamil refugees.
– In the first of its kind initiative 500 fishermen youths were appointed as marine home guards in 13 coastal districts.
– The Fiscal deficit for 2016-17 is estimated as 40,533.84 CR which is 2.96% of the GSDP
– The GSDP for the year 2014-2015 has raised to 6.94% from 4.85 % in 2014-2015