Former DIG DG Vanzara, a key accused in the Ishrat Jahan and Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case, arrived in Ahmadabad on Friday after court modified his bail condition last week.
Arrested on April 24, 2007 by CID in connection with the killing of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and his wife Kauser Bi in 2004. He was lodged in lodged in Sabarmati Central Jail in Ahmedabad.
Here’s the timeline:
– In November 2012, he was shifted to Mumbai’s Taloja jail after the Supreme Court shifted the trial of Sohrabuddin case.
– In June 2013, CBI arrested Vanzara in Ishrat Jahan case and brought him from Mumbai on transferring the warrant back to Sabarmati Jail.
– In September 2014, he was granted bail in Sohrabuddin case by the Bombay High Court. But court put a condition of confining him to Mumbai.
– In February 2015, Vanzara was granted bail in Ishrat Jahan case by the CBI court in Ahmedabad with a condition that he will not enter Gujarat.
– In March 2016, Bombay HC allowed Vanzara to enter Gujarat.
– Vanzara couldn’t enter Gujarat as the CBI court bail condition still remained.
– In April 2, 2016- CBI court allowed him to enter Gujarat with a condition to present himself before police every Saturday.