Taormina -US President Donald Trump said on Friday the "problem" of an increasingly belligerent North Korea would be "solved", as he met with his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe just before the start of the G7 summit.
"It's a big problem, it's a world problem," he said in the Sicilian town of Taormina, adding the issue would be raised in joint meetings with the other six heads of leading industrialised countries.
"It will be solved," he said before going into closed-door talks with Abe, without giving further details.
Pyongyang has launched a series of missiles this year, including a Hwasong-12 intermediate-range projectile this month which the North claimed was capable of carrying a "heavy" nuclear warhead, fuelling tensions with Washington.
It has carried out two atomic tests since the beginning of last year, insisting it needs nuclear weapons to defend itself against the threat of invasion.
The US is worried that if North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un is not stopped, other countries in the region including Japan and South Korea would be compelled to seek their own nuclear capability as a defence measure.
Washington says it is willing to enter into talks with North Korea if it halts its nuclear and missile tests, but it has also warned that military intervention was an option, sending fears of conflict spiralling....
Trustees of retirement fund body EPFO may approve a proposal tomorrow to reduce the mandatory contributions toward social security schemes run by it to 10 per cent for workers as well as employers. Presently, employees and employers contribute 12 per cent of basic wages each towards Employees Provident Fund Scheme (EPF), Employee Pension Scheme (EPS) and Employee Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme (EDLI). The proposal to reduce the contributions by employers and employees to 10 per cent of basic wages, including basic pay and dearness allowance, is listed on the agenda for meeting of the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) scheduled on May 27, 2017 in Pune, a source said.
The source said the labour ministry received several representations stating that the move will leave more money with workers for expenditure and reduce employers liability, which will eventually perk up economy. However, trade unions have decided to oppose the proposal saying this will dilute these social security schemes.
An EPFO trustee and Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh leader P J Banasure said, "We will oppose this proposal. This is not in workers interest." Another trustee and All India Trade Union Congress Secretary D L Sachdev said, "The reduction of contributions will reduce the benefits for workers by four percentage point. At present employer and employee contribute 24 per of basic wages. This will be reduced to 20 per cent."
At present the employees' entire 12 per cent contribution is deposited into his EPF account. Besides, 3.67 per cent is also contributed to the EPF account by the employer who also contributes 8.33 per cent of basic wages to the EPS account.
That apart, the employer also contributes 0.5 per cent of basic wages towards the EDLI for insurance benefit. Thus the employer eventually contributed 12.5 per of basic wages. ...
Virat Kohli may have had a quiet IPL by his standards but former Australia batsman Mike Hussey said the opposition teams can take the Indian captain lightly during the Champions Trophy at their own peril.
“He is a class player and anyone who wants to write him off in this tournament will probably have to eat humble pie! You can’t keep a gun player down for long and I am sure he will be very determined to play well in England and show the world his class again,” Hussey told PTI during an interaction ahead of the ICC event.
‘Mr Cricket’ is confident that the form of top Indian batsmen will have no bearing on the defending champions’ chances.
“I don’t think it will have much affect at all. It is a new tournament in a different country, different team and different conditions. It’s all about starting well, getting some momentum and confidence going early in the tournament,” said Hussey.
The two-time World Cup winner’s tips for the Indian batsmen is to play as late as possible unlike Australia where one can meet the deliveries on the rise.
“I feel from a batting point of view, you need to wait for the ball more and play as late as possible. In Australian conditions, as the pitches are generally true and you can go at the ball and hit through the line,” Hussey observed.
Hussey also expects that spinners would have some role to play at the three venues — Birmingham, Cardiff and The Oval.
“It is hard for me to say when I haven’t looked at the pitches, but if they are dry, then I definitely think the spinners will play a role in the tournament.”
The veteran of 185 ODIs feels that Steve Smith’s Australia have a very good chance to win the trophy with the kind of squad they have.
“I think Australia has a great chance. The team looks strong but it is a very tough competition to win as all the teams are very good and you can’t really afford any slip-ups along the way. If the team starts well and gets their confidence up, then they...
A video so realistic even you would doubt that it is fake has gone viral on line which shows the Pope swatting away US President Donald Trump's hand just like his wife Melania did!
Trump recently made his first trip outside US with wife Melania, but more than their exploits abroad, what made the news (and GIFs) was the way Melania repeatedly avoided holding the hand of husband and President Trump.
While on one occasion Melania out-rightly swatted away Trump's hand as he tried to hold hers, on another she chose the exact moment he reached for her hand, to fix her hair.
While of course, neither would Trump attempt to hold the Pope's hand in such a manner nor would the Pope swat it away, the video has expert editing which could fool anyone.
View video below:
As the Note 7 fiasco had begun dying down, Samsung is again facing multiple lawsuits following reports that its other models too are plagued with battery issues, media reports said.The other smartphone models that reportedly face similar issues include the Galaxy S6, S7 Edge and Note 5.Earlier this month, Dale Holzworth from Massachusetts filed a class action lawsuit that claimed the Galaxy S7 Edge he purchased last year burst into flames while it sat charging in his son's bedroom, a report in DailyMail reported on Thursday.According to the report, cases in three US states have claimed that Samsung was aware of the battery issues and fire hazards for years, but opted not to inform its customers.Another lawsuit filed by Claire Gilligan in New York noted that the other smartphones use similar or identical batteries to those used in the Note 7.Almost 112 Galaxy Note 7 devices caught fire worldwide within a month of the smartphone's launch in August last year, prompting Samsung to recall all the 2.5 million products after five months of its launch."Samsung manufactures and sells smartphones which pose a threat to the safety of consumers," reads the Samsung class action complaint.Plaintiffs have demanded that "users with the older models should be provided with the same refund and exchange programme set for the Note 7".They alleged that Samsung recalled the Note 7 while leaving other dangerous products in the marketplace as the problem was not limited to a single product only. "Samsung's team responsible for designing the system further stated that due to the spatial limits of smartphones, the cooling system's cooling capacity alone is not enough to cool the device," the report quoted a plaintiff as saying....
Bollywood's bhaijaan Salman Khan gears up for his next flick Tubelight which is set to release on Eid, and after he released it's trailer yesterday, another video starring Salman Khan has been released.
This time it's on Instagram and stars his adorable nephew Ahil, the son of his sister Arpita Khan Sharma and co-stars Sohail Khan. The video will definitely make you go aww.. as Ahil beats up doting uncle Salman Khan.
View the video below:
A post shared by Salman Khan (@beingsalmankhan) on May 25, 2017 at 11:47pm PDT
Salman Khan has nicknamed Ahil 'Super Sharma' and recently gifted his nephew a Superman nightsuit enscribed with 'Super Sharma....
PM Modi To Connect With Citizens Via First Townhall Meet On Saturday
NEWS WORLD INDIA | 0
August 4 , 2016 , 21:27 IST
[caption id="attachment_210936" align="aligncenter" width="700"] Prime Minister Narendra Modi is all set to reach out to citizens through his first-ever 'townhall' style event on August 6.[/caption]
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is all set to reach out to citizens through his first-ever 'townhall' style event on August 6.
ALSO READ:Modi To Launch ’70 Saal Azadi-Jara Yaad Karo Kurbani’
A new PMO app to enable mobile users connect with the Prime Minister's website will also be launched at the mega event, which is being organised by MyGov - the government's citizen engagement platform - to mark its second anniversary.
ALSO READ:Mann Ki Baat : Embrace The Technology, Says PM Modi
The townhall to be held at the Indira Gandhi Stadium Complex in New Delhi will be preceded by a series of panel discussions and sessions in keeping with the 'Do, Discuss and Disseminate' theme of MyGov and will culminate in the first ever townhall address by the Prime Minister.
"The Prime Minister will talk about the concept of citizen engagement, MyGov, the response to this participative governance initiative and how he sees the platform evolving," MyGov Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Gaurav Dwivedi said.
He said a process is already on to short-list those who will get to interact with PM Modi.
"They would be selected from among the regular users of MyGov, based on their ideas, level of engagement, questions and suggestions," he added.
The townhall address will also see the launch of new MyGov initiatives and distribution of awards to winners of MyGov contests - Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat, Duties of a Citizen, Governance Quiz and India Africa Quiz.
The event is expected to see participation of various ministers and senior government officials, which will be inaugurated by IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad and will have four sessions.
The first session 'Do' will cover contests on design innovation, eGreetings as also volunteering, poll and survey functionalities of MyGov while the second one 'Discuss' will see officials and MyGov contributors in an interactive discussion on brainstorming ideas and sharing experiences.
The third session will invite fresh ideas for improving user experience, introducing new features for the platform and the panel for this includes social media representatives, MyGov users, Members of Parliament who have contributed to MyGov, and senior officials of the Ministry of Electronics and IT, and NIC.
The fourth session will cover the 'Disseminate' theme and focus on #TransformingIndia website, eSampark portal and MyGov live events as the channel of government communication with citizens.