The Winter Session of Parliament enters its second day amidst increasing tensions over the demonetisation decision announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Here is what you can expect on day 2:
- Black money debate to continue in Rajya Sabha
- Several opposition parties including Congress are planning to bring an adjournment motion in Lok Sabha to target the government on the issue of demonetisation
- TMC also to move adjournment motion in Lok Sabha to discuss Demonetisation issue, said West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi likely to speak in Lok Sabha on Demonitisation issue
- Congress to demand Joint Parliamentary Committee probe into selective leakage of the Demonetisation decision to BJP leaders
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will reply in the Rajya Sabha on the demonetisation issue
The Winter Session of Parliament had been scheduled to convene early from November 16 to discuss and finalise Goods and Services Tax (GST) legislature, however PM Modi’s ‘surgical strike’ on black money demonetising currency notes of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 has taken centre stage.
On Day 1, Lok Sabha adjourned for the day after observing obituaries and Rajya Sabha was dominated by the demonetisation decision.
Other issues lined up for the Winter Session of Parliament are the surgical strikes last month across the Line of Control, the unrest in Jammu and Kashmir, One Rank One Pension and the plight of farmers.
ALSO READ: Rajya Sabha Adjourned Till Nov 17