The University Grants Commission (UGC) on Saturday declared eight universities in Uttar Pradesh as fraudulent, an official said.
In a list of 22 fake universities in the country, Uttar Pradesh figures as the state with the most such varsities.
The universities included in the list are:
1. Gurukul University (Vrindavan)
2. Mahila Gram Vidyapeeth (Allahabad)
3. Gandhi Hindi Vidyapeeth (Allahabad)
4. National University of Electro Complex Homoeopathy (Kanpur)
5. Indraprastha Education Council (Noida)
6. Varanaseya Sanskrit University (Varanasi)
7. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Open University (Aligarh).