Government has extended the use of scrapped old currency notes of Rs 500 and Rs 1000, to cope up with the rush outside the banks and ATMs to get new currency notes.
The old scrapped currency notes can be used to pay household utility bills, taxes and also on purchases form co-operative stores till November 24.
Know here, where you can still use your old currency notes of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 till November 24:
- To pay the bills at Government hospital you can use old currency notes.
- To purchase medicines form medical stores.
- You can buy railway tickets at Indian railway counters.
- You can also use notes in Indian railway to avail catering services.
- Airline tickets at airports can also be purchased with old currency notes.
- Milk booths will also accept the old notes.
- Burial grounds will also accept the old currency notes.
- Government co-operate stores will also accept the old currency notes.
- Old currency notes will also be accepted by Delhi metro for the sale of tokens and smart card recharge.
- To buy LPG gas cylinders you can use old currency notes.
- Electricity and water bills can also be paid using old currency notes.
- ASI monument entry tickets can also be purchased using old currency notes.
- Apollo pharmacies will also be accepting old currency notes till November 24.