Minister of State (Home) Kirren Rijiju in a statement on Wednesday evening said that according to a briefing by DG ITBP there was no big intrusion like situation at the Uttrakhand border.
“According to DG ITBP briefing, there was a small incident (at Uttarakhand border). No big intrusion like situation,” he said in a statement.
“Since the border is not marked between China and India, there was some talks between the two sides,” he added.
Earlier today the Uttarakhand government said that Chinese troops had been spotted within its territory by a local administrative team on July 19 and were asked to return.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat also confirmed the incursion, saying he had reported the matter to the Union Home Ministry. “It is a serious matter. I am sure the central government would look into the issue,” he added.