52-year old Urjit Patel on Saturday was appointed as new RBI Governor. Here are must know facts about him.
1. Currently serving as RBI’s deputy governor in charge of monetary policy.
2. In the past, Patel has worked with Boston Consulting Group and Reliance Industries.
3. He has done Doctorate in Economics from Yale and M. Phil from OxfordNoteworthy.
4. He is a key architect of India’s inflation target and rate-setting panel.
5. He joined the International Monetary Fund in 1990 worked on the USA, India, Bahamas and Myanmar desks at IMF till 1995.
6. From 1998 till 2001, he served as a Consultant to the Government of India in the Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs.
7. He is the 8th Deputy Governor to be appointed as RBI Governor.