At least five people were killed, on Saturday, after a major fire broke out in a building of the Indiamart, a marketing agency, situated in Rajnagar area of Ghaziabad.
“The people died because of the suffocation caused due to smoke which was there after the fire. All the victims have been identified,” Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), Dharmendra Singh said.
“Apart from five civilians, three of our members of the rescue service also suffered injuries and have been admitted to hospital,” he added.
It is reported that the fire broke out due to the short circuit in the AC present inside the office building.