Twenty foreigners were brutally hacked to death inside a restaurant popular with expatriates in the high-security diplomatic zone before commandos launched an assault on Saturday killing six attackers and capturing one alive, ending Bangladesh’s worst terror attack. And among those 20 people was an Indian named Tarishi Jain.
The 19-year-old Tarishi Jain was with two friends of her to Holey Artisan Bakery. Here are the few facts about Tarishi Jain:
1. Tarishi was home for Summer Vacations. She was a student at University of California, Berkeley.
2. Tarishi’s residence was near to the cafe where the gunmen attacked.
3. Tarishi’s father, Sanjeev Jain, is garment businessman in Dhaka. He settled in Firozabad for more than 15-20 years.
4. Her friends Abinta Kabir, a sophomore at Emory University’s Oxford and Faraaz Hossain, Emory’s Oxford College, were also killed in the attack.
5. Her body was identified by her parents at the Combined Military Hospital in Dhaka.
6. Tarishi’s last rites has been taken place in Gurugram.
7. She came to Firozabad last year during Diwali.