Wing Commander Pooja Thakur recently made the headlines when she moved the Armed Forces Tribunal in New Delhi after being denied a permanent commission by IAF.
Here are some facts that would help you get to know her better.
- Thakur, 37, hails from Rajasthan and is a para-jumper.
- Her father retired as a Colonel from the Indian Army.
- She was commissioned into the IAF in 2001. In 2012, she was offered Permanent Commission which she declined due to personal reasons.
- She belongs to the administrative branch and is currently posted at ‘Disha’, the publicity cell under the Directorate of Personnel Officers at the Air Force Headquarters.
- She led an Inter-Service Guard of Honour last year when President Obama visited India in January. It was the first time a woman officer had led a tri-services Guard of Honour.
- As part of her duty, she was involved with the initiation and development of the IAF mobile game “Guardians of the Sky” which was visualised as a new and innovative step to reach the mobile-friendly tech-savvy students.