Prime Minister Narendra Modi is all set to reach out to citizens through his first-ever ‘townhall’ style event on Saturday.
A new PMO app to enable mobile users to connect with the Indian Prime Minister’s website will also be launched at the mega event, which is being organised by MyGov – the government’s citizen engagement platform – to mark its second anniversary.
Here’s everything you need to know about this outreach programme by the prime minister:
1. This event marks the two-year anniversary of the government’s citizen-engagement platform — MyGov.
2. The event will held at the New Delhi’s Indira Gandhi Stadium Complex and will be preceded by a series of panel discussions and sessions.
3. At the mega event, new PMO app to enable mobile users to connect with the PM’s website will also be launched.
4. The audiences included here are from the regular users of MyGov, based on their ideas, level of engagement, questions and suggestions.
5. Opening session is at 10 am and will be anchored by IT minister Ravishankar Prasad.
6. The Prime Minister will focus on the concept of citizen engagement, MyGov.
7. It will also see the launch of new initiatives and distribution of awards to winners of MyGov contests.
8. The session will also focus on the #TransformingIndia website, eSampark portal and MyGov live events.