– May 16, 2008: Aarushi Talwar, the daughter of dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, found dead with her throat slit in the bedroom of her Noida home.
– May 17: Body of Hemraj, the Talwars’ domestic help, found on the terrace.
– May 23: Aarushi’s father Rajesh arrested for double murder.
– May 31: Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) takes over case.
– June: Krishna, Rajesh’s compounder, arrested by the CBI. Ten days later, Raj Kumar, the servant of a doctor friend of the Talwars, and Vijay Mandal, the domestic help of Talwars’ neighbour, also nabbed.
– July: Rajesh set free by court after CBI fails to present evidence against him.
– December 2010: The CBI files closure report, stating Rajesh is the main suspect but there is not enough evidence against him.
– February 2011: A special Ghaziabad court orders that Rajesh and Nupur Talwar be tried for Aarushi’s murder. The couple also face allegations of destruction of evidence. A CBI special court in Ghaziabad issues bailable warrants against the couple for not being present in court.
– March 2012: The CBI argues in court for cancellation of Rajesh’s bail.
– April: Nupur Talwar arrested.
– May: Rajesh and Nupur charged by Ghaziabad court with murder, destruction of evidence and conspiracy.
– September: Nupur Talwar released on bail.
– April 2013: CBI officer tells court that Aarushi, Hemraj were killed by the Talwars. CBI also tells court that Aarushi and Hemraj were found in objectionable position.
– May 3: Defence counsel pleads before a special court to summon 14 people, including former CBI joint director Arun Kumar as witness. CBI opposes the plea.
– May 6: Trial court dismisses Talwar’s petition for summoning 14 witnesse. It orders recording of statements of Rajesh and Nupur.
– May 13: Supreme Court refuses to entertain the Talwars’ petition.