Ace comedian Kapil Sharma has been the face of a new controversy after he accused Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) of bribery.
According to a tweet the Sharma posted, a BMC official had asked him a bribe of Rs 5 lakh to continue the construction of his new office.
However, this isn’t the first time the comedian has come under the media’s lens for something controversial.
1. During an International Marathi Film Festival Awards 2015 event celebration, Sharma allegedly misbehaved with one of his female co-stars including Monali Thakur and Tanishaa Mukherjee. Sharma however, refused to comment on the accusation.
2. Offended by the portrayal of nurses by Rochelle Rao in The Kapil Sharma Show, a group of nurses from several hospitals in Amritsar had decided to file a defamation case against the comedian.
3. After Comedy Nights with Kapil aired its final episode, entertainment channel Colors accused the comedian of being in violation of a few clauses by hosting shows for other channels. The channel also claimed that Sharma had demanded a raise. However, Sharma alleged that the channel had planned a similar show which would have affected his show’s popularity, leading to his decision to quit.
4. Sharma, who hosted the Celebrity Cricket League, was also supposed to host the extra innings for the show. Allegedly, Sharma decided refused to do so despite having been paid Rs 1.25 crore.
5. Sometimes, a comedian is just bound to slip and offend someone with their jokes. The same thing happened to Sharma when women activists found a certain joke about a woman who could deliver a child while bumping along potholed roads. The activists then approached the Maharashtra State Women’s Commission and filed a complaint against Sharma.