Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Pinterest
+
Two Ludhiana Municipality sanitation workers died today after inhaling poisonous gas while cleaning a sewage drain at Niankari Mohalla in Millergunj locality, police said.
Two Ludhiana Municipality sanitation workers died today after inhaling poisonous gas while cleaning a sewage drain at Niankari Mohalla in Millergunj locality, police said.

Two Ludhiana Municipality sanitation workers died today after inhaling poisonous gas while cleaning a sewage drain at Niankari Mohalla in Millergunj locality, police said.

Mehar Singh (40) and Sonu (25) died of asphyxiation while cleaning a choked drain. They were declared brought dead by doctors at a hospital here, they said.

President of Ludhiana Municipal Corporation Karmchari Dal Laxman Dravid said, “We have demanded compensation and registration of a criminal case against officials concerned.” PTI COR CHS ANB SMJ NSD