Friday began on an ecstatic note for Harish Rawat.
As the Uttarakhand High Court revived the Congress government in the state on Thursday, Harish Rawat got down to work immediately and chaired two cabinet meetings, clearing eleven schemes before the Supreme Court stayed the HC verdict till April 27.
Here are some of the schemes that ‘Nayak’ Harish Rawat cleared in a day:
– Over 6,000 guest teachers were made permanent and their salaries were fixed at Rs 15,000 per month.
– A proposal recommending setting up of a committee to revise circle rates was cleared.
– Social pension amounts were increased by Rs 200.
– Dehradun’s Rispana bridge was renamed after the deceased horse Shaktiman.
– Security cover and staff assistance of nearly 150 Congress leaders given back.
– Proposal recommending promulgation of an ordinance on land consolidation and regularization of slums was cleared.
– A proposal alloting Rs 5 crore each to all the 13 districts in the state was cleared.
– Proposal to run all government colleges in morning and evening shifts was cleared.