Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Pinterest
+
A fire broke out on Wednesday in the reception area of Delhi Vidhan Sabha here on Wednesday
A fire broke out on Wednesday in the reception area of Delhi Vidhan Sabha here on Wednesday

A fire broke out on Wednesday in the reception area of Delhi Vidhan Sabha here on Wednesday, fire officials said.

Seven to eight fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the flames.

ALSO READ: Delhi BJP Protest Outside Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal’s Residence Against Power Cuts, Water Crisis

“A fire broke out in the air-conditioner in the reception area of the building at 9.50 a.m. Seven to eight fire tenders immediately rushed to the spot to douse the fire,” the official said.

The cause of fire could not be immediately ascertained but fire officials suspected that it was due to an electrical short circuit.

It took half an hour to put out the blaze, however no major damage or casualties were reported.

For all the latest news and updates from India and across the globe, follow us on @NewsWorldIN on Twitter and News World India on Facebook