One week after Diwali, pollution continues to envelope Delhi in heavy smog triggering health problems and low visibility.
ALSO READ: Pollution In Delhi Reaches Epic Levels
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has announced the following emergency measures to get a hold on the deadly pollution situation in the capital:
- All constructions and demolitions shut down for next 5 days
- Schools to be closed for next 3 days
- Transportation of fly ash to be stopped for 10 days
- Landfill fire sites to be bulldozed
- Jet sprinkling of roads from Monday
- Vacuum cleaning of roads from November 10
- Badarpur power plant to be shut down for 10 days
- No diesel generation sets to be used in Delhi for next 10 days except in hospital and emergency areas
Kejriwal has also advised people to stay home as much as possible and work from home.