In a major gain for Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in Punjab Elections, speculations have it that Navjot Singh Sidhu might join the party. In a surprise move, Sidhu resigned from the Rajya Sabha on July 18, 2016 without citing any reason for the same. His resignation comes after three months of being nominated in the Upper House. Navjot Sidhu is addressing media in Delhi on before going to Mumbai for shooting, where he shall clear the air about his further course.
— ANI (@ANI_news) July 25, 2016
Here are the live updates from the briefing:
– Jahan Punjab ka hitt hoga, Sidhu ko khadaa paoge
– Where Punjab will benefit, you will find me standing there. I only want to serve Punjab & Amritsar
– Navjot Singh Sidhu ko 100 baar apna parivar, apni party aur Punjab mein se chunna padega toh 100 baar Punjab ko chununga
– I was told to fight election from Kurukshetra, then West Delhi. I said no, I wont betray my people
– Jab Modi sahab ki lehar aayi to virodhi to doobe hi,Sidhu ko bhi dubo diya
– if this was the 1st time I could have still tolerated, this is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened
– If this was the 1st time I could have still tolerated, this is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened
– Duniya ki koi party Punjab se upar ya badi nahin hai
– Duniya ki koi party Punjab se oopar nahi, koi party Punjab se badi nahi
– Even a bird comes back to its nest,how can Navjot Sidhu leave his home,his ppl? How can I not think of Punjab
– I resigned because I was told you won’t look towards Punjab. How can Navjot Sidhu leave his ppl?
– Rajya Sabha se isteefa is liye diya kyunki mujhe kaha gaya tha ki Punjab ki taraf mooh nahi karoge