In a surprising move, Vijay Rupani on Friday named as the chief minister of Gujarat replacing Anandiben Patel.
The official announcement of Rupani’s appointment made after the BJP legislative party meeting at 6 p.m.
Let us have look at some of the little known facts relating to Vijay Rupani
- He is a member of the Gujarat Legislative Assembly representing Rajkot West.
- Vijay Rupani was born on 2 August 1956
- He belongs to Jain Bania family
- He joined Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh and subsequently joined Jan Sangh in 1971
- He has been associated with Bharatiya Janta Party since its establishment
- He is the only minister in the present cabinet to have been jailed during the Emergency
- He has served as a corporator in Rajkot and has been the mayor and then a member of Rajya Sabha
- He holds a Bachelor of Arts and LLB degree