‘Not Afzal Guru, but Rohith Vemula is my icon, says NUSU president Kanhaiya Kumar while addressing the media in campus, a day after his release on bail.
Kanhaiya who was earlier arrested over sedition charges returned to campus last night with rousing welcome. He even addressed the students late night.
Hitting out at critics for questioning the patriotism of JNU students in the light of recent protests, Kanhaiya said that no student of the institution can ever be anti-national.
Here Is What Kanhaiya Said During The Presser:
– I want to thank all those who supported me. I also want to assure tax-payers that no student of JNU can ever be anti-national.
– We want to expose the conspiracy of those who act against the Constitution.
– Sacrifice of jawans, farmers and #RohithVemula will not go waste
– Constitution is not a video that can be doctored.
– I strongly condemn the events that happened on February 9, however, if it is sedition or not, the court must decide.
– There is a conspiracy to defame JNU institution. Students of JNU are patriotic and not anti-national.
– Will defeat those who are destroying soul of our constitution.
– Sedition being used to suppress students. Court will decide who is anti-national. Have faith in judiciary.
– Afzal Guru is not my icon, Rohith Vemula is my icon.