BJP-backed independent candidate and media baron Subhash Chandra was recently elected to the Rajya Sabha from Haryana, after 14 Congress votes were declared invalid.
The 14 votes which disqualified was on the ground that they were inked using the wrong pen. INLD and Independent candidate R K Anand said that it was BJP-RSS’s conspiracy.
Check 10 developments on the ‘Haryana Rajya Sabha Row’.
- BJP-backed Subhash Chandra and Union minister Birender Singh were on Saturday re-elected to the Rajya Sabha from Haryana.
- 12 votes meant for independent candidate, backed by the Congress RK Anand were deemed invalid by the Election Commission (EC) as they were not marked using the official pen.
- R K Anand alleged that the pen was deliberately changed.
- A Congress delegation met the EC on Monday to ask for a re-poll.
- The EC on Monday sought the report from state the returning officer in the Rajya Sabha after Congress alleged misuse of state machinery.
- Returning Officer R K Nandal on Tuesday said that it is a rare chance of pen provided by EC being changed.
- Election Commission on Thursday called all the three candidates to show the video.
- Union Minister Birender Singh and independent candidate Subhash Chandra were not present and had sent their representatives to see video.
- R K Anand termed it centre’s conspiracy, said he will approach EC again.
- This video surfaced that clears the air on what exactly happened during Haryana Rajya Sabha polling.