Read All About Kalikho Pul: An Orphan Who Made It Big
- Kalikho Pul became the eighth chief minister of the Arunachal Pradesh on February 20, 2016.
- Kalikho Pul had the distinction of being the longest serving Finance Minister of the state under various chief ministers including Gegong Apang, Mukut Mithi and Late Dorjee Khandu.
- Born in July 20, 1969 at Walla village in Hawai circle, Anjaw district, Pul was orphaned at the age of six. His mother, Koranlu, died when he was 13-months-old and five years later, he lost his father, Tailum, too.
- Kalikho belonged to Kaman Mishmi ethnic group.
- His political innings started in 1995 when he was elected as an MLA from Hayuliang constituency and became the minister of state for Finance in the Mukut Mithi government.
- He was cabinet minister for departments like Health and Finance and Planning, RWD, Taxation, Fisheries and Law & Justice and Women and Child Development, Social Justice, Empowerment and Tribal Affairs.
- He was also the executive member of Arunachal Pradesh Congress Committee for 13 years and Pradesh Election Committee Member for 7 years.