Supreme Court on Wednesday quashed all order by Arunachal Governor and reinstated Chief Minister Nabam Tuki Govt.
The apex court said that all decisions taken by Arunachal Assembly after 9 December are unsustainable. Here is five things that the court said:
ALSO READ: Know All About The Arunachal Pradesh Crisis
- Arunachal Pradesh governor’s decision advancing session of the state assembly by a month is violative of the Constitution and is liable to be quashed.
- The SC directed the status quo ante in Arunachal Pradesh as it prevailed on December 15, 2015.
- All steps and decision taken by the legislative assembly pursuant to governor’s December 9, 2015 order are unsustainable and liable to be quashed.
- The verdict in this case will not only have its effect on Arunachal Pradesh, but affect every state.
- The SC ruling has paved the way for restoration of the Congress government in the state.