Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Pinterest
+
Bollywood Actress Late Parveen Babi in a film scene
Bollywood Actress Late Parveen Babi in a film scene

The Bombay High Court has finally accepted the will documents of Bollywood film star Parveen Babi after about 12 years of her death. The Will documents were under the controversy over the genuineness issues.

Parveen Babi was among most popular and celebrated gorgeous actresses in 1970s and 80s. She left a will with her maternal uncle, in which she expressed his wish to hand give away 80% of her assets to societies and organisations dedicated to women and child development. The remaining 20%, she declared for her 82-year old uncle Muradkhan.

According to the reports, 10 percent of the money will be allotted to the welfare of St. Xavier’s College in Ahemdabad, from where she completed her Master’s in English Literature before turning to acting and modelling profession.

The controversy around the will occurred when her paternal relatives challenged the authenticity of the will, which was produced in the court in 2005 after her death.

Reportedly, Babi’s estate included:

“A sea-facing flat with four bedrooms in Juhu, a haveli in Junagadh, jewellery and deposits worth ₹20 lakh in banks plus other investments.”

Babi died alone in her Mumbai flat on 22 January 2005 from the sudden complications arising due to diabetes.

Babi was well known in the film industry for iconic roles in films such as Namak Halaal (1982), Deewaar (1975) and Rang Birangi (1983).