Automatic Teller Machines (ATM) have finally opened on Friday after the ‘surgical strike’ on black money carried out by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, rendering Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes effectively useless.
If you are headed to an ATM, keep the following points in mind:
1. Maximum withdrawal from ATM is Rs 2,000 per day per card up to November 18
2. From November 19, the maximum withdrawal limit from ATMS will be raised to Rs 4,000 per day per card
3. If you require to withdraw more money than the stipulated amount, you can use multiple cards as the withdrawal limit is applicable to each individual card
4. Maximum cash withdrawal per week is Rs 20,000 per card
5. All cash withdrawal transactions at ATMs to be free of cost till December 30
6. Now, even Rs 50 currency notes will be dispensed by ATMs, in comparision to earlier when minimum denomination was Rs 100
As ATMs open after two days, long queues are expected.