[caption id="attachment_132385" align="aligncenter" width="700"] Campaigning Ends As Voting Day Approaches[/caption]
Assembly elections for the five poll bound states Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Manipur, Punjab and Goa are approaching and campaigning has been going on in full swing, but Thursday marks the last day for campaigning for Punjab and Goa.
Both Punjab and Goa will be going to polls in one phase only which has been scheduled for Saturday, February 4. Coincidently, Punjab and Goa are also the only two states where the Arvind Kejriwal led Aam Aadmi Party is contesting.
In Punjab, the total number of Assembly constituencies are 117 out of which 34 are reserved for Scheduled Castes. As per the existing constituencies, the electoral roll is more than 19 million (exactly 19214236). The total number of polling stations in Punjab are 22,600.
Key candidates in Punjab elections 2017 are:
- Parkash Singh Badal and Sukhbir Singh Badal from Shiromani Akali Dal
- Captain Amarinder Singh and Navjot Singh Sidhu from Congress
- Bhagwant Mann and HS Phoolka from Aam Aadmi Party
- JJ Singh from Bharatiya Janata Party
Alliances: Shiromani Akali Dal and Bharatiya Janata Party have allied together
ALSO READ: Punjab Polls 2017: Record 1,941 Nominations Filed For 117 SeatsGoa
For Goa, the total number of Assembly constituencies are 40, out of which 1 is reserved for SCs. The electoral roll for Goa is more than 1 million, or exactly 1085271. The number of polling stations in Goa are 1,642.
Key candidates in Goa elections 2017 are:
- Laxmikant Parsekar from Bharatiya Janata Party
- Pratapsingh Rane from Congress
- Elvis Gomes from Aam Aadmi Party
- Dipak Dhavalikar from Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP)
ALSO READ: Goa Assembly Poll Campaigns, Polling Stations To Be Monitored By Live-Streaming & Web Casting: EC
Results will be declared on March 11, 2017.